You’ve been meaning to get that roof shingle repair for weeks now, but you’re not sure what the best way is. You know it has to be done, but you don’t want to mess up and have a leaky roof. The last thing you need is more water damage! But there are so many options out there – how do you pick the right one? And if your current roof isn’t even leaking yet, should you just wait until it does? This blog post will cover all of those questions and more!
A roof is one of the most important parts of a home, and it’s worth taking care to make sure it lasts as long as possible. But there are some common mistakes that can cause damage to your shingles and shorten their lifespan.
Here are three ways you might be harming your roof:
1) Not cleaning gutters and downspouts regularly
2) Neglecting air vents
3) Waiting too long before replacing old shingles.
Need help? Call Weather Vane!
If you live in an area that has snow or rain, like Michigan, then it is likely that your roof needs some TLC from time to time. One of the best ways to care for your roof is by repairing any shingles that are missing. Take time to inspect your home’s roof at least once a year.
Do you need a professional? No matter how much experience you have with home repair projects, it is always recommended to hire a pro. They know what they are looking for and can fix any issues quickly and efficiently without costing too much money. Weather Vane uses a “fix it first” approach to save you time and money. We aren’t going to try to sell you a whole new roof if you don’t need one.
More Common Roof Shingle Repair Mistakes
- Don’t use roof shingles that are too long
- Don’t try to repair a leaky roof by just adding more tar
- Make sure your shingles don’t overlap each other or they will be prone to cracking and breaking
- Avoid using asphalt-saturated felt paper on the bottom of your shingles, as it can cause leaks in your gutters
- Try not to install new shingles over old ones because the old ones will still have nails sticking out from them which could damage the new shingle installation
- Don’t rush through installing new roof tiles – make sure you read instructions carefully and follow them step-by-step for best results!
We recommend calling Weather Vane for a free estimate on shingle repair or replacement consultation before taking any steps towards an emergency fix. Our team of experts will help determine what needs to be done so that when we leave, all repairs are completed safely and effectively in order to keep up with our quality standards. Call us today!
About Weather Vane Roofing
We provide roofing, siding, insulation, windows, and gutters. Making your house beautiful and efficient is our main goal. We use the latest in technology and products to provide eco-friendly and cost-effective solutions for your home and business. With locations in Lansing, Owosso, and Brighton/Howell we are Mid-Michigan’s roofing experts. Let us transform your house into a home.