Are you selling your house and being asked how to transfer a roof warranty to the next owner? Or are you buying a house and wondering about the warranties on it and if you will be able to take advantage of them?
Each aspect of a home, whether it’s the roof, the driveaway, or the appliances, has its own situation when it comes to warranties. This varies by the product manufacturer, too. More than likely warranties can make the shift, but it’s not just an automatic changeover that magically happens.
In the case of a roof installed by Weather Vane Roofing, you may be in luck when it comes to the warranty depending on the length of time and the number of owners since the roof was installed.
Weather Vane’s supplier, Atlas Roofing, allows a roof warranty to be transferred from the original owner to the second owner once during the first ten years.
We have spelled out below how to transition a warranty on one of our Atlas brand roofs.
Here are the rules to transfer a roof warranty with one of our Atlas manufactured roofs:
- The original purchaser can make a full transfer of the warranty only one time.
- The transfer has to take place within the first 10 years of the original owner’s possession. Again, the warranty cannot be transferred after the first 10 years.
- The original owner’s possession begins on the date of the original installation.
Here’s how to make it happen:
- The original homeowner must complete a Warranty Transfer Application at AtlasRoofing.com/Warranty.
- The application will require proof of purchase of the Atlas shingles and the installation date must be submitted with the online Warranty Transfer Application.
- A transfer fee of $100.00 must be paid within 60 days after the date of the real estate transfer.
Providing that these terms are satisfied, the benefits of the original warranty will be switched over to the second homeowner.
Yes. In addition, here are a couple of things to know:
- The warranty terms are not renewed or extended with this transfer.
- After the warranty is transferred to the new/second homeowner it may not be transferred again.
Wondering about the roof we installed on a home you are selling or buying and if it’s eligible to transfer a roof warranty? Just get in touch with us and we’ll get you the up-to-date info we have to help you work it out!
About Weather Vane Roofing
We provide roofing, siding, insulation, windows, and gutters. Making your house beautiful and efficient is our main goal. We use the latest in technology and products to provide eco-friendly and cost-effective solutions for your home and business. With locations in Lansing, Owosso, and Brighton/Howell we are Mid-Michigan’s roofing experts. Let us transform your house into a home.